Astera Labs Inc., a leader in purpose-built connectivity solutions for data-centric systems, is seeking senior/principal Validation Engineers in Santa Clara, CA with proven experience developing and supporting silicon products for high-speed communication protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, NVMe, USB, etc.
The mission of this role is to develop and perform post-silicon validation tests using advanced high-speed test equipment and scalable automation platforms. The validation team holds customers’ system requirements in the highest regard and is solely responsible for certifying a product’s conformance to this high bar.
Become a trusted technical advisor to key OEMs and ODMs developing Data Center systems using Astera Labs’ game-changing portfolio of connectivity products for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications; and in the process, understand the performance and functionality requirements our ICs must deliver to enable customers’ next-generation systems.
In this role you will formulate a comprehensive validation plan, automate the testing of ICs in a data-centric manner, design experiments to root-cause unexpected behavior, report results and specification compliance in an automated fashion, and work with key customers directly to understand their care-abouts and highlight the unique capabilities and performance of Astera Labs’ solutions.
- Strong academic and technical background in electrical engineering. At minimum, a Bachelor’s in EE is required, and a Master’s is preferred.
- ≥6 years experience supporting or developing complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking applications.
- Professional attitude with the ability to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks, to plan and prepare for customer/internal meetings in advance, and to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act with the customer in mind!
- Hands-on, thorough knowledge of high-speed protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, NVMe, USB, etc.
- Silicon/System bring-up, validation, and debug experience, including in customer systems.
- A strong background in bench automation techniques, especially Python.
- Experience with lab equipment including oscilloscopes, bit error rate testers, and protocol analyzers.
- Did we mention Python? You should really know Python.
- Working knowledge of C or C++ for embedded FW.
- Development/support for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products.
- Knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout tools from Cadence, Altium, etc.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as Keysight ADS, Mathworks QCD, etc. for IBIS-AMI analysis.