Astera Labs Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company who is a leader in developing purpose-built connectivity solutions that remove performance bottlenecks in compute-intensive workloads such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. To support our rapid growth, we are hiring Regional Field Applications Engineers based near our customers and company headquarters in the Silicon Valley and has experience supporting the development and designing in of semiconductor products for high-speed communication protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
As an Astera Labs Regional Field Applications Engineer, you will lead a team of FAEs as a player-coach to establish the team as trusted technical advisors to the world’s leading cloud service providers, server and network OEMs by working with them to design solutions that use Astera Labs’ portfolio of connectivity products. In this role, you will need to identify and understand customer requirements, propose Astera Labs solutions that provide clear value to the customer and provide hands-on design-in support. You will drive innovation by listening to the customer requirements, working with our engineering teams to implement into the product roadmap and delivering the results back to the customer.
- BS in electrical engineering. Master’s degree in engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Cloud service providers and server OEM customers to design in complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking applications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical team as player-coach, hire and develop new & existing team members.
- Customer-oriented, Goal-driven, Self-motivated, be able to work independently and be able to travel frequently to customer sites.
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act with the customer in mind!
- Hands-on, thorough knowledge of high-speed protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
- Silicon/System bring-up and debug experience in customer systems.
- Experience with lab equipment including protocol analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- A strong background in high-speed board design techniques, and understanding of Data Center systems like Servers, JBOGs/JBODs, Networking switches/routers etc.
- Firmware development with C-language, scripting with Python or other equivalent programming languages.
- Development/support for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products.
- Knowledge of simulation/modeling, schematic capture, and PCB layout tools from Cadence, Altium and others etc.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as Keysight ADS, Mathworks QCD, etc. for IBIS-AMI analysis.