Astera Labs Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company who is a leader in developing purpose-built connectivity solutions that remove performance bottlenecks in compute-intensive workloads such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. To support rapid international business growth, we are hiring a Field Quality Engineers living near our customers in Shanghai and Taipei. Candidates must have experience supporting the quality aspects of developing and designing in semiconductor products for high-speed communication protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
As an Astera Labs Field Quality Engineer, you will establish yourself as the local quality representative responsible for customer quality management to the world’s leading cloud service providers, server and network OEMs. In this role, you will need to apply your quality experience towards customer returns, root cause analysis and dedicated customer quality communication. Further, you will help to build the local quality team as Astera Labs continues to grow in size.
- BS in electrical engineering. Master’s degree in engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ quality engineering experience including customer returns, failure analysis and 8D report generation.
- Professional attitude with the ability to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks, working closely with the field application engineers, factory product engineers and ATE engineers working with minimal guidance and supervision to deliver a quality solution.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act with the customer in mind!
- Proven track record working with large ODM customers with a quality management system, interfacing with customers through customer return processes.
- Experience with failure analysis on deep sub-micron semiconductor technology and flip-chip package solutions following ISO-9001:2015 processes.
- Knowledge and using FA tools including back-side emissions, x-ray analysis, acoustic microscopy, SEM and cross section to obtain a root cause of customer returns and field failures.
- Experience with types of 1st and 2nd level failure modes and drive towards a root cause using FA tools working with 3rd party vendors providing valuable post processing capabilities.
- Hands-on, thorough knowledge of high-speed protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
- Scripting with Python or other equivalent programming languages.
- Development/support for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products.