Astera Labs Inc., a leader in purpose-built connectivity solutions for data-centric systems, is seeking a senior emulation engineer for their Santa Clara (California) Design Center. Partnering with leading processor vendors, cloud service providers, seasoned investors and world-class manufacturing companies, Astera Labs is helping data-centric system designers remove performance bottlenecks in compute-intensive workloads such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
We are looking for a senior Emulation Engineer with hands-on experience on emulation and prototyping for complex ASICs. The ideal candidate would be at ease bringing up an ASIC to do architectural validation, performance testing within the limits of the target platform, driving SW architectural changes. The candidate must have good knowledge of communication protocols such as PCI-Express (Gen-3 and above), DDR, Ethernet, NVMe, or similar interfaces.
- Strong academic and technical background in computer/electrical engineering. At a minimum, a Bachelor’s in EE or Computer Science is required, and a Master’s is preferred.
- ≥8 years’ experience supporting or developing complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage or Networking applications.
- Experience working with logic designers to architect, specify, and verify hardware-software interfaces on complex SoCs.
- Professional attitude with the ability to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks and to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act fast with the customer in mind!
- Authorized to work in the US and start immediately.
- Experience in emulation and prototyping technologies like Palladium/Zebu/Veloce or HAPS and FPGA prototyping.
- Experience in modeling for emulation and prototyping.
- High level of proficiency in System Verilog and verification environments like UVM.
- Experience understanding software and hardware co-simulation limitations and debug methods.
- Experience in programming and scripting languages (like perl/python/C).
- Experience with virtualization technologies for emulation like QEMU or Virtual Box.
- Familiarity with Linux codebase and device drivers.
- Understanding of boot loader technologies like UEFI, ACPI, coreboot.
- Experience in developing BIOS software to configure and bring up server sub-systems.
- Working knowledge of PCIe, Ethernet, DDR, SPI, I2C/I3C protocols.