Astera Labs Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company who is a leader in developing purpose-built connectivity solutions that remove performance bottlenecks in compute-intensive workloads such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. To support rapid international business growth, we are hiring a Senior Application Engineer who has firmware development experience, deep knowledge of the PCIe LTSSM, and likes working hands-on with customers to debug issues in a lab environment. This is an exciting career growth opportunity that will provide the opportunity to set up a new lab that will have leading edge technology including server motherboard platforms, test equipment, etc. You will work with our customer’s engineering R&D teams who are building next generation datacenter hardware for the world’s leading Cloud Service Providers.
As an Astera Labs Senior Application Engineer, you will need to have firmware development experience and a demonstrated ability to learn SoC Architectures at a functional block level. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with next-generation server board platforms to perform interoperability testing with customer’s PCIe Gen-4 and Gen-5 cards. You will become an expert on Astera Labs products and lead interoperability testing in Asia and work closely with the US engineering teams.
- BS in electrical engineering. Master’s degree in engineering is preferred.
- Firmware development with C-language, scripting with Python or other equivalent programming languages.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking applications.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of SoC Architecture, including embedded microcontroller SoCs
- Deep understanding of PCIe LTSSM.
- Ability to quickly learn Astera Labs’ Retimer product architecture and perform interoperability testing.
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act with the customer in mind.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Hands-on, thorough knowledge of high-speed protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
- Silicon/System bring-up and debug experience in customer systems.
- A strong background in high-speed board design techniques, and understanding of Data Center systems like Servers, JBOGs/JBODs, Networking switches/routers etc.
- Development/support for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products.