Astera Labs Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company who is a leader in developing purpose-built connectivity
solutions that remove performance bottlenecks in compute-intensive workloads such as artificial intelligence and
machine learning. To support rapid business growth, we are hiring a Lab Manager located at our company
headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
The job responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of lab and key lab equipment; organization, calibration schedules, specification and acquisition
of new equipment based on feedback from Validation and Application engineering teams.
- Automating the testing of ICs in a data-centric manner, report results and specification compliance in an
- Able to propose and enforce lab safety, ESD and general lab guidelines.
- Leading interaction with equipment vendors, obtaining and comparing quotes to find the best option as
well as working through the approval process. Working with vendors to inquire status of orders, manage
delays and schedules.
- Properly receive items purchased, keeping Purchase Orders & invoices upto date as well as retrieve quote
- Tracking and managing the delivery of items shipped & received from domestic and international vendors
Required Qualifications & Experience
- ≥6 years experience supporting or developing complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or
- Familiarity with taking measurements for high speed (25G+) and/or power integrity, using oscilloscopes,
- Hands-on experience with running development scripts, loading devices into sockets, running
temperature testing, developing test plans to cover operating conditions
- Ability to perform intermediate-skill reworks, such as attaching probe wires to 0201 components,
replacing small (0201) to large (leaded or QFN) package components, and rerouting traces.
- Self-starter with strong organization skills with experience keeping a lab “running”.
- Authorized to work in the US and start immediately