Do you live, breathe and dream products? Are you passionate about leading the transformation of products from prototype to mass production? Are you thrilled by seeing the product you worked on succeed in the market? If so, read on – we may be looking for you!
Astera Labs Inc., a leader in purpose-built connectivity solutions for data-centric systems, is seeking an Engineering Program Manager for their Santa Clara (California) office. Partnering with leading processor vendors, cloud service providers, seasoned investors and world-class manufacturing companies, Astera Labs is helping data-centric system designers remove performance bottlenecks in compute-intensive workloads such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
The EPM leads all engineering activities required for development, qualification, NPI and RTM (release to manufacturing) of Astera Labs’ products. This is a high-impact position that is directly responsible for successful execution of critical revenue goals.
- Be the point of contact within Astera for all matters relating to the program
- Own the on-time, on-spec, on-budget and with high-quality delivery of products from concept through production (EVT/DVT/PVT)
- Program planning, schedules, budgeting, risk assessment, resource planning and management, and tracking related program activities
- Review, disposition and communicate changes in scope / schedule / expense
- Plan and manage delivery of engineering samples (ES), customer samples (CS) and NPI volume ramp
- Conduct regular meetings to ensure cross-functional teams are clear on expectations and problem- solving actions are in place to address issues in a timely manner
- Maintain adequate technical depth and managerial skill to address program and product issues
- Be the champion of your programs and maintain management and key stakeholder alignment
- Collaborate with the team to ensure customer expectations are exceeded
- Actively contribute to organizational development and process improvement initiatives
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ Degree in Electronics/Electrical/Computer Engineering
- 10 or more years of relevant experience in an electronics product or semiconductor company
- 5 or more years of experience as a Program Manager, PMP certification is a plus
- Experience working on PCI-E, memory or data communication products
- Experience leading high-volume system product development from concept through production
- Technical appreciation of engineering flows (front end and backend development processes, product and test engineering, char and validation, hardware/firmware/software design)
- Program management and analytical skills, ability to organize information for internal and external consumption.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Expert knowledge with Atlassian Tools and JIRA Scrum Methodologies as well as using work breakdown structure to identify objectives and milestones.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and other program management tools
- Able to motivate and energize teams and lead by influence in a matrixed organization
- Able to take timely decisions with limited or incomplete information
- Strong communication skills and the ability to keep calm and make progress in high stress situations
- Ability to travel to Astera Labs’ sites as required
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full time (40 hours per week)