Astera Labs Inc., a leader in purpose-built connectivity solutions for data-centric systems, is seeking a CAD Engineer for their Santa Clara (California) Design Center. Astera Labs is a born-in-the-cloud company, with 100% SoC design and tapeout on AWS cloud. Partnering with leading processor vendors, cloud service providers, seasoned investors and world-class manufacturing companies, Astera Labs is helping data-centric system designers remove performance bottlenecks in compute-intensive workloads such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
We are looking for a CAD Engineer with hands-on experience setting up and managing cloud native Electronic Design Automation (EDA) design flows on Linux systems housed in AWS public cloud. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting SoC design team with various front end (design verification) and back end (physical design) flows, ensure smooth operation of job scheduler and manage entire IT infrastructure of dynamic ondemand, reserved and spot instances. Additionally, you will also be responsible for managing Astera’s laptop/desktop computers including on-boarding of new users.
- Strong academic and technical background in information technology, preferably in computer/electrical engineering. A Bachelor’s degree is required, and a Master’s is preferred.
- ≥5 years’ experience supporting IT needs of SoC/silicon development teams.
- Expertise in Infrastructure as Code using cloud native technologies strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of IP networking, NFS, VPN, DNS, load balancing, proxy servers and firewall.
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin preferred.
- Microsoft 365 certification and knowledge of PowerShell scripting preferred.
- Professional attitude with the ability to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks and to work with minimal guidance and supervision. Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude.
- Authorized to work in the US and start immediately.
- Strong experience with scripting languages and using them for semiconductor EDA automation (primarily Python, Bash and TCL, Java/C/C++ a plus).
- Managing user job submissions over PBS Pro (or similar) job scheduler.
- Developing cloud native CI/CD workflows using Jenkins and Atlassian tools.
- Deploying scalable EDA workloads in containers.
- Installing and managing EDA tools from companies like Synopsys, Cadence, Ansys etc.
- Orchestrating dynamic high-performance AWS EC2 compute fleet with detailed monitoring at all levels.
- Implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps.
- System administration of high-performance infrastructure like NFS file system, license servers, AD/LDAP servers, proxy servers, Atlassian servers and dynamic compute nodes.
- Familiarity with managing Office.com IT infrastructure and system administration of Windows/Mac personal computers.