Astera Labs Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company who is a leader in developing purpose-built connectivity solutions that remove performance bottlenecks in compute-intensive workloads such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. To support rapid international business growth, we are hiring a Supplier Quality Engineers living near our key vendors in and around the Shanghai area. Candidates must have experience supporting the quality aspects of working closely with vendors to ensure flawless manufacturing quality, developing fabrication checks of PCB/PCBA and being the company representative at our key manufacturing vendor developing system solutions using high-speed communication protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
As an Astera Labs Supplier Quality Engineer, you will establish yourself as the local quality representative responsible for vendor quality management to support system manufacturing enabling the world’s leading cloud service providers, server and network OEMs. In this role, you will need to apply your vendor quality experience towards manufacturing quality checks, development of supply chain continuity, vendor excursions and implementing KPIs that help ensure vendors meet our customer quality requirements. You will use your quality experience ensuring a smooth manufacturing PCB/PCBA flow.
- BS in electrical engineering. Master’s degree in engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ supplier quality engineering experience including vendor quality management, manufacturing excursions, failure analysis and 8D report generation.
- Professional attitude with the ability to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks, working closely with the vendors, factory product engineers and ATE engineers working with minimal guidance and supervision to deliver a quality solution.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act with the customer in mind!
- Proven track record working with large vendors using a quality management system.
- Communication with factory product engineers using defined manufacturing KPIs and developing new KPIs to enhance product quality.
- Experience with failure analysis leading edge PCB technology and small dense PCBA solutions.
- Knowledge and using PCB and PCBA manufacturing in-line quality tools including cross-section, Dye & pry, Solderability, Ion Chromatography, SEM, 3d x-ray, flying probe and electrical final test solutions.
- Semiconductor device level experience including FA tools including back-side emissions, x-ray analysis, acoustic microscopy, SEM and cross section to obtain a root cause of customer returns and field failures a plus.
- Experience with types of 1st and 2nd level failure modes and drive towards a root cause using FA tools working with 3rd party vendors providing valuable post processing data.