Astera Labs Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company who is a leader in developing purpose-built connectivity solutions that remove performance bottlenecks in compute-intensive workloads such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. To support rapid international business growth, we are hiring Field Applications Engineers (FAEs) who are living near our customers in Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei and have experience supporting the development and designing in semiconductor products for high-speed communication protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
As an Astera Labs Senior FAE, you will establish yourself as trusted technical advisor to the world’s leading cloud service providers, server and network OEMs by working with them to design solutions that use Astera Labs’ portfolio of connectivity products. In this role, you will need to identify and understand customer requirements, propose Astera Labs solutions that provide clear value to the customer and provide hands-on design-in support. You will drive innovation by gathering customer requirements, defining new products and working with some of the brightest engineers in the industry.
- BS in electrical engineering. Master’s degree in engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Cloud service providers and server OEM customers to design in complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking applications.
- Customer-oriented, Goal-driven, Self-motivated, be able to work independently and be able to travel frequently to customer sites
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act with the customer in mind!
- Hands-on, thorough knowledge of high-speed protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
- Silicon/System bring-up and debug experience in customer systems.
- Experience with lab equipment including protocol analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- A strong background in high-speed board design techniques, and understanding of Data Center systems like Servers, JBOGs/JBODs, Networking switches/routers etc.
- Firmware development with C-language, scripting with Python or other equivalent programming languages.
- Development/support for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products.
- Knowledge of simulation/modeling, schematic capture, and PCB layout tools from Cadence, Altium and others etc.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as Keysight ADS, Mathworks QCD, etc. for IBIS-AMI analysis.